(Updated on May 2018)
The following (titles of) research projects are meant to provide ideas I’m interested in for students wishing to write a dissertation under my supervision. DES/ESS students may want to consider those themes also for “special projects” with credit assignment. Topics with “*” are suitable topic also for undergraduate final paper. (Here a pdf)
All themes have an applied nature and require handling datasets with standard statistical and econometric tools.
Should you be interested in discussing the possibility to write your dissertation or to carry out a special project, please book an appointment through you@B system or drop me an email: email@example.com.
- Statistical analysis of microdata on “Patente a punti”
Spatial analysis of “who drives better”
- The effect of port-reform on port operations
Analysis of microdata on port pre-clearing
- Economic effects of Ecopass/AreaC
Impact of road pricing on Milan employment by using geographical regression discontinuity
- Geographical determinants of the rise of the Milan Stock Exchange*
The geography of financial flows towards Milan in the first part of XX century
- The geography of financial crimes and seized firms*
The geography of money laundering, usury and “aziende confiscate”
- Spatial modeling of road accidents in Bergamo
The aim is to estimate a spatio-temporal model of road accidents in Bergamo
- The evolution of car stock in Lombardy
The aim is to describe the evolution of car stock in Lombardy by using detailed data at vehicle-level over the past 10 years.
- The effect of contaminated sites on salary and housing prices
The aim is to compare salaries and housing prices of cities located in contaminated and hazardous areas with similar cities.
- How do green commercial vehicles react to road pricing?
The aim is to estimate the effectiveness of road pricing in promoting the usage of green vehicles for urban logistics.
- Spatial modeling of fines in Turin 2011-2015
The aim is to estimate a spatio-temporal model of fines to car users in the city of Turin over the years 2011-2015. The database accounts for all fines issued in those years.